Transformation of the Day: Reshea lost 79 pounds. In November 2019, her doctor gave her a report about her heart health and her A1C level. That was the catalyst for her transformation journey. She has achieved awesome results with clean eating, lots of exercise, lots of water, and support from her fit family.


In November 2019, I received a report from the doctor about my heart and my A1C levels. At first, I let that news consume me and was very depressed. However, I didn’t stay down long! I decided that I wanted to make a change before 2020. I wanted to change ME…mind, body, and soul.

In November, I was 1 pound away from 300 pounds! I decided to take on a challenge: MURDERING OBESITY!! I refuse to be diabetic and unhealthy! In the beginning, I only worked out 2 to 3 times a week. My goal was to increase my workout days to at least 4 four days a week. I now work out six days a week, eat clean, and drink a gallon of water a day. All of this takes is CONSISTENCY and HARD WORK!

What was your motivation? What inspired you to keep going, even when you wanted to give up?

I have an accountability partner who has been my biggest motivation thus far on this journey. Also, having my fitness family rooting for me every day keeps me going. 

 


I am inspired by my determination to keep going, even on the days that I don’t feel like it. I see the results of my consistency, and I refuse to turn back. I am also inspired daily by my Pound Killer (fitness group) family. We all motivate each other.

How did you change your eating habits?

Changing my eating habits was challenging in the beginning. Once I realized that YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT, I completely changed the way I eat. I no longer eat fast food, fried foods, and bread. I don’t drink soda, and I have very few sweets.

In February 2020, I started using Herbalife products, consisting of two protein shakes and tea daily with one meal. My coach Lou often challenges me to do 24-hour water fasts and seven days of clean eating. I just recently started juicing. I no longer crave unhealthy foods, and eating clean has been a big part of my weight loss journey.

What did your workout routine consist of? How often did you work out?

My gym closed in March. However, we continue to meet at a local park and use bands, run at least 6 miles a week and do a series of calisthenics workouts (alternating arm and legs). I recently started doing XTREME HipHop Step workouts daily. I work out six days a week, and I usually exercise twice a day.

What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?

My starting weight was 299 pounds in November 2019. My current weight is 220 pounds.

What is your height?

I’m 5’7″.

When did you start your journey? How long did your transformation take?

I started my journey in November 2019. I began to see a change by month #3.

Is weight loss surgery part of your journey?

No, I didn’t have weight loss surgery, and I have no plans to have any.

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?

If you put your mind to it, you can do anything! I am determined to survive. I am committed to MURDERING OBESITY!

What advice do you have for women who want to lose weight?

It’s a lifestyle change. Do not expect change to happen overnight. Find what works for you and stay consistent. I also find it helpful to join a fitness family so that you all can encourage each other. Join Pound Killers on Facebook.

 

Instagram: @BElieving_inmySELF11