Transformation of the Day: Larissa lost 92 pounds. High blood pressure, pre-diabetes, and kidney damage are some of the ailments she was faced with. She decided to have Gastric Bypass surgery earlier this year. Since then, she has changed her entire lifestyle.


I had gastric bypass surgery in May of this year. (May 15th, 2020) Since then, I’ve lost 92 pounds. In the past, I had high blood pressure, pre-diabetes, my kidneys were leaking protein, etc. I changed my entire lifestyle. Now there is no sugar in my diet, and I eat lots of veggies and lean meats. I added cardiovascular exercise to my schedule five times a week. I feel amazing, and I’ve come off all medications that I was previously on.


What was your motivation?

My motivation was that I wanted to live longer for my grandchildren.

 

Tell us more about how you changed your eating habits?

I cut out bread, pasta, sweets, sugar, and soft drinks. I also cut out alcohol. I switched to only eating lean meats, like turkey, chicken, fish, etc., with green vegetables.

 

What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?

In the beginning, I weighed 308 pounds. I had gastric bypass surgery in May. Six months later, I weigh 216 pounds. As of July 202, I no longer had to take blood pressure medication. I’m only taking vitamins, and I feel amazing

 

What is your height?

5’3″

 

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned?

I learned that for me to have a quality life, I had to lose some weight.

 

What advice would you like to share with women who want to lose weight?

I would tell anyone that it’s not easy, but you have to make it a lifestyle change and commit to it.