Transformation of the Day: Chantel lost 115 pounds. Her motivation came from seeing the health problems that her family members faced, including high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. She had VSG surgery in 2016, changed her lifestyle, and she hasn’t turned back since.


Hello! My name is Chantel. I’m 40 years old, and I live in Louisiana. I’d love to be considered for a feature. I hope that my success story will encourage someone to love themself enough not to give up!

 


What was your motivation? What inspired you to keep going, even when you wanted to give up?

My motivation was the health issues that some of my family members (high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, and strokes) have dealt with.

When I want to give in, I remind myself that I’ll continue to add healthy years to my life if I stay strong.


What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?

My highest weight was 258 pounds. The morning of my weight loss surgery, I weighed 237 pounds. I currently weigh 143 pounds.


What is your height?

5’3″


When did you start your journey? How long did your transformation take?

Truth be told, I’ve struggled with my weight my whole life. I had VSG surgery on July 6, 2016. [gastric sleeve]. It took me 11 months to hit my goal weight of 150 pounds, but I got down to 139 lbs in January 2018. My weight is maintained and usually fluctuates between 140-144 pounds.


How did you change your eating habits?

I changed my eating habits by becoming conscious of my carb and sugar intake. Most importantly, I practiced PORTION CONTROL!

What did your workout routine consist of? How often did you work out?

My workouts vary from day to day. Some days, I’ll take a walk. On other days, I may use an aerobic exercise DVD, get on my elliptical, or use a workout that I’ve found on YouTube. I usually exercise at least five days a week.


What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?

The biggest lesson I’ve learned is how important and necessary it is to love YOURSELF!


What advice do you have for women who want to lose weight?

Invest in you! Don’t give up! Do what works for you! Ignore the haters and naysayers!

 

Instagram: @faithfamilyfitnessfinance_vsg