Transformation of the Day: Chastity lost 110 pounds. She works out with Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil videos and her eating habits have completely changed. Her children are her inspiration and partnering with a friend who is also losing weight has kept her motivated.


What was your motivation? What inspired you to keep going, even when you wanted to give up?

My motivation started with a video from Facebook of Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil. In the video, there was a lady who was bigger than me working out. The motivation came from him standing right by her side, cheering her on, and holding her hand. At that moment, I started his online program. Even though it was online, I still received that same motivation of him cheering me on. I felt like he was right by my side. My inspiration for not giving up was my kids and people telling me that I’ve inspired them.


I’m also on this journey with my friend Mel, @hairstylist_mel, who has lost more than 65 pounds. We both have come so far. When you get tired of carrying dead weight, you grind until you get lost. We’ve only been on this journey for nine months now, and we are far from done. We are each other motivation.


We have to keep pushing. We are doing this for our health and kids. Obstacles are put in your way to see if you want it and if it’s really worth fighting for. Look at God!




How did you change your eating habits?

 

I changed my eating habits tremendously. For breakfast, I did protein shakes. For lunch and dinner, I had baked or grilled meat with vegetables. Water was the only thing I drank. My Snacks were berries and fruit—no junk food, no starches, no bread, no fried foods, etc.

 

What did your workout routine consist of? How often did you work out?

 

My workout routine was Xtreme Hip Hop with Phil workouts, @xtremehiphopwithphil. I work out five days a week for 45 minutes (sometimes six days a week).

 

What was your starting weight? What is your current weight?

 

My starting weight was 329 pounds, and my current weight is 219 pounds.

 

What is your height?

 

My height is 5’5″.

 

When did you start your journey?

 

I started my journey in February 2020.

 

Is weight loss surgery part of your journey?

 

No, surgery isn’t apart of my weight loss journey.

 

What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?

 

The biggest lesson I learned so far is CAN’T should not be in anyone’s vocabulary.

 

What advice would you like to share with women who want to lose weight?

 

I hope that they will see my progress and not give up.