POPULAR POSTS
Deja lost 69 pounds by embracing healthy eating habits and working out consistently. While studying to be a nurse, she reached her highest weight. She decided that she didn’t want to be a hypocrite to her future patients, telling them to be healthy when she wasn’t. What was your motivation? What inspired me to lose weight was that I reached my heaviest weight while studying to be a nurse. I made a promise to myself that once I became a nurse, I would make no excuses about why I couldn’t lose weight. Also, I didn’t want to be a hypocrite to my patients, telling them to be healthy when I wasn’t healthy myself. How did you change your eating habits? I changed my eating habits but cutting out a lot of unnecessary carbs. I would also be more mindful of when I was consuming carbs. When I eat them, I try to have them for lunch (before 1 pm). Also, I cut out sugars, unhealthy snacks, fried foods, and soda. I always ate vegetables, but I did eat more meatless meals/vegan meals even t...
Transformation of the Day: Chantel lost 115 pounds . Her motivation came from seeing the health problems that her family members faced, including high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. She had VSG surgery in 2016, changed her lifestyle, and she hasn’t turned back since. Hello! My name is Chantel. I’m 40 years old, and I live in Louisiana. I’d love to be considered for a feature. I hope that my success story will encourage someone to love themself enough not to give up! What was your motivation? What inspired you to keep going, even when you wanted to give up? My motivation was the health issues that some of my family members (high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, and strokes) have dealt with. When I want to give in, I remind myself that I’ll continue to add healthy years to my life if I stay strong. What was your starting weight? What is your current weight? My highest weight was 258 pounds. The morning of my weight loss surgery, I weighed 237 pound...